This page serves as a guideline for the Dagang NeXchange Berhad (“DNeX”) Group’s stakeholders to report a Whistleblowing complaint to the management of DNeX for action.
DNeX incorporates a Code of Ethics, which requires all officers and employees to observe high standards of business and personal ethics in carrying out duties and responsibilities. As employees and representatives of the Company, or any of its subsidiaries, they must practice honesty and integrity in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities, and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
It is thus the responsibility of all officers and employees to comply with the Code and to report violations or suspected violations thereto. Accordingly, a Whistle Blower Policy (“the Policy”) has been formulated with a view to provide a mechanism for officers and employees of the Company to report instances of unethical behaviour, actual or suspected fraud or dishonesty or violation of the Company’s code of conduct or ethics policy.
The implementation of the Policy is also in line with Section 368B of the Companies Act 1965 (“the Act”) where provisions have been made to protect Company Officers who make disclosures on breach or non-observance of any requirement or provision of the Act or on any serious offence involving fraud and dishonesty.
TYPES OF MALPRACTICES
The types of malpractices covered under the Policy include the following examples:
- Theft, pilferage, misappropriation or attempt of the same of the Company’s money or property.
- Fraud, dishonesty, cheating, falsification or attempt of the same in connection with the Company’s business, money or property.
- Soliciting or accepting bribe or any illegal gratification.
- Participating in unauthorised financial transactions.
- Breach of fiduciary relationship.
- Conflict of interest.
- Spreading malicious rumours about company
- Gross negligence and neglect of duty.
- Unauthorised disclosure of Company’s confidential information, including commercial or manufacturing secrets, calculation or designs.
- All forms of harassment including but not confined to unwelcome verbal or physical advances and sexually, racially or otherwise derogatory or discriminatory statement or remarks.
- Commission of any subversive act.
- Commission of any act that brings disrepute, embarrassment or affects the legitimate interest of the Company or ruins the image of the Company.
- Habitual breach of any Company’s order or any law applicable to the establishment of rules made thereunder.
- Conduct which is likely to cause injury or endangered the life or safety of another person within the Company’s premise
- Misrepresentation of the Company’s to others.
- Obstructing, inciting or willfully slowing down other employees from work.
ACTING IN GOOD FAITH
The DNeX Group expects all parties to act in good faith and have reasonable grounds when reporting a Whistleblowing complaint and genuine Whistle Blower are accorded complete protection from any kind of unfair treatment.
Protection under this Policy will not mean protection from disciplinary action arising out of false, frivolous, baseless or bogus allegations made by the Whistle Blower knowingly. If allegations are proven to be malicious, parties responsible may be subject to appropriate action, up to and including legal action, where applicable.
WHISTLE BLOWING CHANNEL
This Policy is administered by the Group Human Resource Division and overseen by the Chairman of the Board Audit Committee. Employees and other interested parties are able to report their concerns related to matters covered by the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, legal issues and accounting or audit matters to the dedicated whistleblowing email channel at firstname.lastname@example.org.